House points will be awarded to those students going above basic expectations based around the school’s core values (please see examples below). House points will be able to be viewed on the Class Charts app by students and parents/carers.
- Inclusion: Exhibiting model citizenship e.g. demonstrating kindness, including others, being helpful, responding maturely to situations, politeness.
- Collaboration: Demonstrating an ability to work effectively within a team.
- Resilience: Overcoming an obstacle in learning and demonstrating courage.
- Success: Excellent work in lesson. Work that is completed with care and attention to detail.
- Respect: Understanding the views of others and showing consideration at school.
- Extra curricular attendance
- Equipment & Uniform - (1 House Point for all correct equipment and 1 House Point for correct uniform on Monday morning).
- 100% attendance
Students will receive postcards on special occasions which recognise the school value they have demonstrated, as well as specific comments about their achievement or when they have been awarded 20 House Points in a subject area.
All students with zero behaviour points at the end of every half term will be awarded with a postcard home from their Head of Year. These students will also be entered into a draw and 6 students per year will be randomly selected and an Amazon voucher awarded.
Every student who has no missing marks in a week (100% attendance) will be rewarded with 5 House Points.
Students with 100% attendance at the end of each half term will be rewarded with an Amazon voucher and a positive email home from their Head of Year.
Students will be able to convert their House Points to MPS Credit and in turn purchase items such as Apple App Store & iTunes/Google Play vouchers, Amazon vouchers, stationery, rubix cubes, notepads and books. House Points and items will be visible virtually so students will be able to see them on their Class Charts app.
The totals for each house are displayed on the school website.