On Monday 24 May 2021, year 8 took part in a workshop run by The Anne Frank Trust UK. The workshop tied into the lessons that the students have been covering in Drama, exploring the life of Anne Frank and prejudice. The aim of the workshops was to empower young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to challenge prejudice and discrimination through Anne Frank’s life and diary as a starting point.
Learning outcomes included:
- Historical knowledge around the Holocaust
- Knowledge of Anne Frank’s Diary as literature and cultural phenomenon
- Understanding of prejudice and discrimination in today’s society
- Presentation and social skills
- Commitment and confidence to speak out against discrimination
- Lasting impact on our school values of inclusion and resilience
- Life-changing empowerment for ambassadors
Thank you to all staff and students that participated.