SEND at Merstham Park School aims to identify and overcome potential barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all students with SEND within and beyond the school setting.
Merstham Park School’s SEND provision takes into account the full scope of student support. First and foremost this is the delivery of high quality, whole class teaching, guided with group work and individual interventions.
Students with SEND are supported in a range of different ways, including:
- In-class support and out of class monitoring for students with EHCPs and students on the SEND register provided by all teaching and support staff.
- Targeted withdrawal groups run aimed at supporting learners with literacy, numeracy and social skills needs.
- After school support groups each day of the week to support students with SEND with completion of Home Learning.
- A supportive and peaceful place within school available throughout break, lunch and after school.
- Student support team consisting of Learning Mentors to further support students pastorally.
- For advice and support on how to request that a student be assessed for SEND, please contact the student’s Learning Mentor in the first instance who will work with you to complete a SEND referral form so that we can correctly assess and identify and SEND issues.
If your son or daughter is interested in a place at Merstham Park School and has an EHCP, please liaise with Surrey County Council in the first instance : email@example.com
Mrs L Strachan